MRS. NIKE AKANDE
Former Minister of Trade and Industry, Nigeria
Chief Dr. (Mrs.) Nike Akande OON, CON, is a renowned Industrialist and Investment Expert. Former President described her as “A role model and an Inspiration”. She has had a distinguished career in Nigeria’s business landscape and her CV can best be described as intimidating. She has participated in a number of International Trade and Investment fora both Overseas and in Nigeria.
Chief Dr Mrs. Nike Akande OON, CON attended Queen’s school, Ede from 1958-1962 for her secondary education, Chief Dr. Nike Akande later attended the University of North London from 1965-1968 where she studied Accountancy. She did her postgraduate programme at the prestigious Harvard Business School, Boston, USA. She also attended a management development course at Oxford University, United Kingdom, and an Advance Management Course, at International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland and Insead Business School at Abu Dhabi, UAE.
She was the first Nigerian Woman to be appointed Minister of Industry.
HONOURS & AWARDS
- Africa Federation of Women Entrepreneur Award in Addis-Ababa Ethiopia. 1998
- National Honour of the Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON) 2003.
- She is the recipient of the Lagos State Government 2011 Tax Compliance Award.
- National Honour of the Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON) 2014.
- Merit Award by the Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII).
- Inspirational Woman Award by Oyo State Officials Wives Association, at the 2016 National Women’s Summit. Presented by His Excellency, Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi.
- A recipient of The SUN Life Time Achievement Award. 2016.
- Grand Star Award, Irawo Oodua by His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, Oonirisa of Ife.
- A recipient of Vanguard Life Time Achievement Award.
- She was voted Woman of the Year 2017 by Allure Vanguard Newspapers. To name a few