Dr. Levy Uche Madueke
Commissioner General for Expo & Dubai Head of African Union Strategic Partnerships Division
Dr. Levy Uche Madueke serves the African Union Commission (AUC) in the capacity of Head, Partnerships Management and Resources Mobilization Division.
In addition to his responsibility, the Chairperson of the AU Commission, H.E. Dr. Moussa Faki Mahamat appointed Dr. Madueke as the AU Commissioner General for Expo 2020 Dubai to have the overall oversight and coordination responsibility in ensuring the successful execution of AU participation at the Expo 2020 Dubai.
Dr. Madueke, a Nigerian born Diplomat at the African Union Commission, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, is a specialist in establishing and managing strategic and mutually beneficial Partnerships. He is an astute adviser on Partnerships and Policy related matters.
In the course of his career, Dr. Madueke has attained high level of active participation in the administration of policy-related functions, and has contributed immensely in bringing dynamism and professionalism into building relationships between the African Union and the International Community and promoted greater linkage with the African Private Sector, the Pan African Financial Institutions and Regional Economic Communities (RECs).
At the Expo, Dr. Madueke will champion the drive to showcase the AU Agenda 2063 to the world and together with the AU Member States sensitize the world on the investments opportunities that exist in Africa while showcasing Africa as a secure investment destination.
Dr. Madueke is an author who in 2016 published a book on leadership titled: Epistle on Leadership -Sullivan Chime’s Indigenous Leadership Lessons (SCILL): https://www.amazon.in/Epistle-Leadership-Sullivan-Indigenous-Lessons/dp/1857568575
Also authored various articles amongst which is: Transition from Command-Based Management to Market-Based Management- A potential plus for the African Union” published by the Journal of International Business and Leadership (JIBL) Vol.2, No. 1 March 2013. ISSN 2307 -485X http://www.ili.edu.et/index.php/publications/68
- He holds the following academic qualifications:
- Doctorate degree in Business Administration (2013), obtained from the SMC University (Swiss Management Center), Switzerland, having researched on “A Critical Analysis of Funding Requirements for the African Union”
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) specializing in Banking & Finance (1998), from the Enugu State University of Technology, Enugu, Nigeria
- BSc Agricultural Engineering- University of Ife, Nigeria (1987)
- Chattered Business Administrator (ChBA); conferred by the Chattered Association of Business Administrators, August 2013, Canada.
- Additional Credentials are in the areas of Presentation and Communication, Management and Leadership