ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
Foreign Investment Network Ltd (FIN) is a UK based leading Investment Consulting Company, publishers of the fore-most investment magazine in English, French & Chinese and sole representatives of Forbes Best of Africa Inc. in Africa. FIN has organized over 40 highly successful and well attended Conferences and fora globally. FIN serves as advisors and investment consultants to Government & National Companies across the continent of Africa, helping to drive investments into emerging economies.
FIN will be having its upcoming Trade and Investment Forum taking place on the 21st-24th, November 2021 in Burj AL Arab, Dubai. This event, in partnership with the government of Dubai, is going to host African Leaders, international investors, and dynamic entrepreneurs from across the globe. The event in collaboration with top UAE business leaders and Government officials will serve as a platform to discuss ways to grow and trade, as well as investment opportunities between Africa and the UAE, and also close deals.
The event will include:
• 2021 INTERNATIONAL ENERGY FORUM, which will involves the presentation of the FIN-FORBES AWARD OF OUTSTANDING CEO (21st and 22nd November 2021)
• A Business and investment Roundtable organized by FIN, where high net worth investors will meet and interact (23RD – 24TH NOVEMBER, 2021).
Cocktail Evening (Meet & Greet) 6pm-7:30pm
Morning Session 9:00am – 4:00pm, Evening Session (Award Night) 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Morning Session 9:00am – 4:00pm
2021 INTERNATIONAL ENERGY FORUM
BENEFITS OF THE FORUM:
The evolving situation provides a further opportunity for African oil producing countries to:
. Maximise the local value added of the whole oil chain
. Increase investment in refining facilities.
. Increasing cross boarder trading and investment in infrastructure.
. Dominate the continent with refined oil and gas product.
. Seek greater collaboration in inter-continental trade
. Develop greater capacity among players within the continent in the areas of technology, refining capacity and value chain.
. The Forum will provide an opportunity for the interchange of ideas on latest oil and gas technology, high-level networking, and most importantly, one-to-one business meetings between decision makers and top-tier solution providers and players in the gas eco-system.
TOPICS TO DISCUSSED:
. What happens when Oil comes to an end…
. The challenges value chain in Africa’s oil sector.
. Oil and gas and economic diversification.
. The Oil Technology in a digital age.
. Building petrochemical plants
. Providing, managing and updating Seismic data acquisitions and interpretation
. Gas Technology and infrastructural development in Africa.
. Positioning Africa as the future of 21st century gas Technology.
. Technology Transfer in the Oil and Gas sector: The challenges
. Local content and human capacity building in Africa.
. How Oil and gas can drive African Development Goals.
. FDI in Oil and Gas. The missing gap.
. De-risking energy investments in the post-pandemic environment
. Need for regional and global exports of refined petroleum products.
. Maximizing the full economic fortunes of Oil and gas value chain in Africa.
. Cyril Ramaphosa, President of South Africa.
. Dr. Akinwumi Adeshina, President African Development Bank (AfDB)
. Timiprye Sylva Minister of State Petroleum Resources of Nigeria
. Mele Kyari, Group Managing Director (GMD) Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
. Dr. Umar Farouk, General Secretary APPO
. Diamantino Azevedo, Minister of Petroleum of Angola
. Gabriel Lima Obiang, Minister of Mines and Hydrocarbon, Equatorial Guinea
. Hon. Mohamed Arkab, Minister of Energy, Algeria
. Other ministers of Petroleum and Energy in Africa.
FIN AWARD AND DINNER
The high point of the event is the FIN Oil and Gas Dinner where deserving oil companies, policy makers, and entrepreneurs; including the Presidents of nations and Ministers of Petroleum in Africa and top Oil and Gas Personalities/firms will be decorated with various Awards and Certificate of Honor.
TRADE/INVESTMENT SUMMIT 2021
The event will begin with a forum and workshops on INVESTMENT GROWTH, INTERNATIONAL TRADING, TRADE & INVESTMENT POLICIES, etc, and it will delve into investment opportunities in the following sectors;
• Oil and Gas
• Power and electricity
• Information technology
• Governance and politics
• Media and publishing
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED INCLUDES:
• Keys to attracting Foreign Investment
• Hindrances to investment growth in Africa
• Effect of government policies on investors
• Effective legislation and regulation, key to economic and investment growth
• Investment Growth
• International Trading
• Trade & Investment Policies
• The Future of Oil & Gas in a Digital Economy
• Food Security and Global Ecological Threats
• The Challenges of Digital Technology
• From Fossil Fuel to Renewable Energy
• Cryptocurrency, Block chain and Legal Ethics.
WHO CAN ATTEND
• Oil and Gas CEOs and Managing Directors
• Power and electricity consultants and investors
• Information technology experts, consultants and CEOs
• Medical practitioners
• Aviation Ministers, workers and investors
• Agricultural engineers, manure manufacturers, farm owners
• Bank CEOs, Managing Directors
• Hotel owners and Managers
• Top players in the media and entertainment industry
BENEFITS OF THE FIN TRADE & INVESTMENT FORUM 2021
At the end of this summit, it is expected that the following has been achieved:
- Stimulation of wider inclusiveness between countries to speed up the actualization of a Prosperous Africa.
- Advocacy machinery for the development of job creation incubation system for African Youths at the grassroots.
- Improved know-how on available opportunities for trade, investment and tourism.
- Collaboration with partner countries, institutions and organizations to achieve key mandates such as building on existing projects that sustain the pipeline of female talents and innovations while driving entrepreneurship and women in the workplace as a key option.
- Joint campaign to increase access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by adding more megawatts (MW) of cleaner, more efficient electricity generation capacity to new homes and business connections.
- Exploratory Business opportunities between investors in the development of cottage industries for rural economies and job creation.
- Recognized world leaders at the event, conferring deserving individuals and leaders with the FIN award
All events will be profiled in the special edition of FIN magazine and Forbes Africa Magazine. FIN –FORBES only profiles institutions and personalities that have made outstanding contributions to the society, giving awards to only deserving individuals, among whom you are highly esteemed.
INVITED KEY SPEAKERS
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
DG, World Trade Organization
H.E Majid Saif Al Ghurair
Chairman, Dubai Chamber of Commerce
Executive Director, Directions Investment Holding Company DIHC
Hon. Béata Habyarimana
Minister of Ministry of Trade and Industry, Rwanda
Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo
Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment
Minister Ebrahim Patel
Minister of Trade and Industry, South Africa
SOME OF THE EXPECTED GUESTS OF HONOR AT THE UAE-AFRICA TRADE AND INVESTMENT FORUM, DUBAI 2021
– His Excellency Uhuru Kenyatta
President of Kenya
– Ukur Yatani Kanacho
Minister of Finance, Kenya
– Hon. Betty C. Maina
Minister of Trade and Industry, Kenya
– Moses Ikiara
Head of Investment, Kenya
– Peter Munya
Minister of Agriculture, Kenya
– Mr. Richard Ngatia
Head of chambers
– Andrew Nganga Kamau
Minister of Petroleum, Kenya
– His Excellency Sahle-Work Zewde
President of Ethiopia
– Ahmed Shide
Finance Minister, Ethiopia
– H.E. Albert Muchanga
Minister of Trade and Industry, Ethiopia
– Fitsum Arega
Head of Investment, Ethiopia
– Mr. Umer Husen
Minister of Agriculture, Ethiopia
– Dr. Koang Tutlam Dung
DG of Petroleum, Ethiopia
– His Excellency João Lourenço
President of Angola
– Mrs. Vera Esperança dos Santos Daves de Sousa
Finance Minister, Angola
– Marcos Alexandre Nhunga
Minister of Agriculture and Forestry, Angola
– H.E. Diamantino Azevedo
Minister of Mineral Materials, Angola
– Muhammadu Buhari
President of Nigeria
– His Excellency Yemi Osibanjo
Vice President of Nigeria
– Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed
Finance Minister, Nigeria
– Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo
Minister of Trade, Industry & Investment, Nigeria
– Babagana Bashir
Head of Investment, Nigeria
– Mr. Timipre Sylva
Minister of Petroleum, Nigeria
– Mr. Mele Kyari
DG of Petroleum, Nigeria
– His Excellency Cyril Ramaphosa
President of South Africa
– Enoch Godongwana
Finance Minister, South Africa
– Ebrahim Patel
Trade and Industry, South Africa
– Thoko Didiza
Minister of Agriculture, South Africa
– Gwede Mantashe
Minister of Petroleum, South Africa
– Thabo Mokoena
DG of Petroleum, South Africa
– His Excellency Lazarus Chakwera
President of Malawi
– Goodall Gondwe
Finance Minister, Malawi
– Hon Roy Akajuwe Kachale-Banda
Trade and Industry, Malawi
WE HAVE ALSO INVITED HEADS OF CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES (TBC)